If you’re moving in the near future, U-Haul truck and trailer rentals are the best way to go. Whether you’re moving across town or across the country, our offices in Fayetteville and Elkins can help you find the best moving solution. First, here are 5 things you should know before renting a U-Haul truck or trailer:
1. Get the lowest rates on certain days – Like other things in life, U-Haul rentals are generally more expensive on Fridays and Saturdays due to high demand. Consider moving Sunday through Thursday for a lower rate.
2. Save money by getting a larger truck – Our trucks range from 10 feet to 26 feet and if you’re renting for in-town use, go with a larger truck that will accommodate your needs in as few trips as possible. The more you have to go back and forth on multiple trips, the more you’re paying for mileage and fuel.
3. Payment is due upon pick-up – The total estimated charges for your U-Haul rental are due when you pick-up your equipment, not when you drop it off at the end of your move.
4. The truck should be returned with the same amount of gas that it had when you picked it up – You don’t need to worry about filling up the tank, simply make a note of how much gas was in the tank when you picked it up, plan accordingly and turn it in with the same amount.
5. If you experience problems, request roadside assistance – You can visit myuhaul.com to request help or contact 1-800- 528-0355 if you’re experiencing trouble with your truck. You can contact our Fayetteville office at or our Elkins office at 479-445- 6605 with any other questions or concerns you may have or to make a U-Haul reservation.